“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen”
At Mason Moor, we know that Physical Education is key to having a healthy body and healthy mind. PE enables children to have improved concentration in class and allows children the opportunity to make every child stronger and life longer. Our PE curriculum combines the acquisition of skills with the essential knowledge pupils need to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
The Physical Education curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities;
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time;
- Engage in competitive sports and activities;
- Lead healthy, active lives.
NEVER HAS PE been A more important subject!
Pupils returned from COVID lock down with poor mental health, anxiety and physical body changes - such as weight gain and poor levels of fitness.
At Mason Moor we recognise that the benefits of improved health and fitness are noted most in children's learning.
Since September 2022 we have:
- Employed a full-time PE teacher - to lead on Sport and to support teaching staff in curriculum delivery
- Started a 'healthy break times' initiative - where play leaders support children in engaging in all manner of active activities.
- Begun the 'daily mile' challenge - to ensure that obesity is being robustly tackled.