Wellbeing & Parental Support
At Mason Moor Primary School we recognise our moral and statutory responsibilities to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We believe that:
- All children have the right to be protected from harm.
- Children need to be safe and to feel safe both in and out of school.
- All children have the right to speak freely and voice their values and beliefs.
- All children must be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other.
- All children have the right to be supported to meet their emotional and social needs as well as their educational needs. We know that children who are happy, healthy and sociable will achieve better educationally.
- Children sometimes need extra support which matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse.
- Our school can and does contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying, exploitation, radicalisation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk taking behaviours.
We make every effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment underpinned by a culture of openness where both children and adults feel secure, able to talk and believe that they are being listened to. We maintain an attitude of “it could happen here” where safeguarding is concerned.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads are:
Miss Wharton Mrs Deakin Mrs Wilkinson Mrs Patrick