Mental health and wellbeing
The emotional wellbeing of children is just as important as their physical health. Good mental health allows children to develop the resilience to cope with whatever life throws at them and grow into well-rounded, healthy adults.
At Mason Moor Primary School we want our children to be positive, confident and optimistic and are committed to supporting their wellbeing:
- There has been a stronger focus on PSHE during the COVID crisis.
- We use Early Help Assessments to secure multi-agency support.
- We have maintained a focus on PE as part of our remote learning.
- We have a trained Emotional Literacy Support Assistant.
- All staff are encouraged to be alert to signs of children who may not be coping.
Unfortunately there is no ‘magic fix’ so we want to encourage our children to talk about issues that may be worrying them.
Listed below are a range of resources that may help to give you confidence in talking about wellbeing issues with your child:
- Supporting children’s mental health. 10 conversation starters for parents
- Mindfulness calendar: daily 5 minute activities
- The NHS web page “Every Mind matters” gives a range of advice on how to look after your child’s mental health.
- Ten ways for parents to help children cope with change.
- 14 ways to be kind online
- Wellbeing menu