Help paying for childcare
The Government have produced a range of posters for parents relating to childcare which can be accessed here.
Did you know that Sure Start Children's Centres across the city are there for all families with children under 5?
Our closest centre is: Pickles Coppice Childrens Centre
65 Windermere Avenue
Millbrook SO16 9QX
023 8054 0135
From the early days of pregnancy, through the pre-school years, and introduction to primary schools, your local Sure Start is there to help give your child the best start in life.
Sure Start offers lots of different services and activities, including:
- Learning through play in our “come and play” and “family points” (health, help and play) sessions
- Health advice from midwives, health visitors, other health professionals, family points and child health clinics within the Children’s Centres
- Family support
- Information and guidance on breast feeding, health and nutrition
- Smoking cessation support
- Support for families with children with additional needs
- Speech and language support
- Advice and support for parents including dads groups and young parents
- Training courses: We offer various training courses throughout the city including parenting classes, ESOL, money management, healthy cooking plus much more
- Information for parents on childcare, volunteering, training and job opportunities
- Quick and easy access to wider services
Further information about what’s on can be found on the Southampton Information Directory web page by clicking here.