Most of the children attending Mason Moor Primary School live in Millbrook, but we also welcome pupils from the surrounding area. Admission to the school is governed by the local authority, Southampton City Council, which allocates places.
Mason Moor currently takes in 30 children in to Reception class. Children are usually admitted to the Reception Class (Foundation Stage) in the September following their fourth birthday.
If you are a prospective parent of a child for any year group, we would be delighted to welcome you to visit Mason Moor Primary School at any time Please contact the school office to arrange a tour of the school.
For all admission arrangements and for more information about school places please contact the Local Authority.
Please click here for access to the Southampton City Councils Admissions page, for Year R places to start in September 2021.
Online applications close: At 23:59 on 15 January 2021 for reception year R
You cannot apply online after the closing date or for places needed in this current academic year.
If your child has a Statement for Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan, you will need to contact the Special Needs Team on 023 8083 3270.
If your child is currently of school age and you are not happy with your child's current school you can request an in year transfer.
Would you like to change your child’s school during this school year and come to Mason Moor?
You can change your child's school during the academic year if:
- You have recently moved to Southampton
- You are not happy with your child's current school
To change your child's school during the academic year, you will need to complete a paper in-year application form.
- If your child is already on roll at a school in the city, even if they aren't attending, please complete the form at your child's current school. They will forward it to the school admissions team.
- If your child does not have a school place, or you live outside the city, either:
- Call school admissions on 023 8083 3004 and ask for an application form to be sent to you
- Collect a form from Gateway at One Guildhall Square
Southampton City admissions criteria can be found on our policies page.
Please note that you cannot visit the Admissions Team in person.