Most of the children attending Mason Moor live in Millbrook, but we also welcome pupils from the surrounding area. Admission to the school is governed by the local authority, Southampton City Council, which allocate places. Children will spend seven years with us before moving on to secondary school.
Mason Moor is a one and a half form entry and children are usually admitted to the Foundation Stage in the September following their fourth birthday.
If you are a prospective parent, we would be delighted to welcome you to Mason Moor Primary School. Please contact the school office to arrange a tour of the school.
For all admission arrangements and for more information about school places please contact the Local Authority:
Please click here for access to the Southampton City Councils Admissions page, currently Year R and 3 school places to start in September 2018.
Online applications close:
- At 23:59 on 15 January 2018 for reception year R
You cannot apply online after the closing date or for places needed in this academic year. If you are not happy with your child's current school you can request an in year transfer.
If your child has a Statement for Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan, you will need to contact the Special Needs Team on 023 8083 3270.
If you only intend to apply to an independent or private school, please advise the Admissions team in writing.
The contact number for the schools admission team for all other applications is 02380833004.
Southampton City admissions criteria can be found on our policies page.
Would you like to change your childs school during the school year and come to Mason Moor?
You can change your child's school during the academic year if:
- You have recently moved to Southampton
- You are not happy with your child's current school
To change your child's school during the academic year, you will need to complete a paper in-year application form.
- If your child is on roll at a school in the city, even if they aren't attending, please complete the form at your child's current school. They will forward it to us.
- If your child does not have a school place, or you live outside the city, either:
- Call us on 023 8083 3004 and ask for an application form to be sent to you
- Collect a form from Gateway at One Guildhall Square
Please note that you cannot visit the Admissions Team in person.
If you wish to apply for a school place in a Hampshire school, you should contact the Hampshire Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 555 1377.