- Closing Date: Monday 16 Apr 2018 (5pm)
- Interview Date(s): Tuesday 24 Apr 2018, Wednesday 25 Apr 2018
- Job Start Date: Saturday 01 Sep 2018
- Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary Type: Leadership Scale
- Salary Details: Group 2, Range L15 to L21 (£55,600 to £64,417)
- Hours of Work: Full time
- Location of Role: Mason Moor Primary School
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher who can lead the school from Good to Outstanding.
We are an improving, inclusive school, highly committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children so that they can leave us prepared for their future lives as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. Mason Moor Primary School has a story to tell that is so much more than our historical data and an exciting opportunity has arisen.
We offer all the opportunities and challenges that you would expect from a city school. You will lead the school in accordance with our ethos, underpinned by our school values, which are listed below. Our aim is that all children achieve personal success and develop a love of learning by becoming respectful learners, independent learners, healthy and happy learners, confident learners and ambitious learners.
• Passionate about achieving the best educational outcomes for every child?
• A strong leader whose vision can drive school improvement and progress?
• Uncompromising in your approach to pupil well being and safety?
• Energetic and ready for a challenge?
We are looking for an inclusive Headteacher who:
• Has the skills to lead and motivate an effective team, setting a clear sense of direction.
• Will further develop our assessment for learning to drive improvement, evaluating evidence to identify and then address any challenges for our children.
• Will work collaboratively to continue to embed and build upon the improvement strategies in place to accelerate pupil progress.
• Has proven strategic experience of rapidly accelerating pupils progress through a relentless focus on raising expectations and aspirations.
• Recognises the importance of proactively developing relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents, Governors and the community.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner who can recognise high quality teaching and learning.
You should provide a full statement in support of your application, which should not exceed two sides of A4 paper. Please do not restate the factual details already included elsewhere on the application form.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory references.
Candidates should complete the application form and return it so that it is received by the close of business Monday 16th April 2018.
Please apply electronically through the Redbridge and Lordshill Federation Website:
At Mason Moor, we fully endorse the Local Authorities Equal Opportunities statement. We believe that our school should be a place where children of all ages, races, religions, abilities, social circumstances and gender will find safety and respect for themselves, their families and their traditions.
It is therefore our policy to ensure that every member of the school community:
• Respects others and is respected
• Takes a full part in the life of the school
• Is able to work and develop without direct or indirect discrimination of any kind
• Achieves his/her potential
The Redbridge and Lordshill Federation:
The school is a key part of Redbridge and Lordshill Primary Federation, in which 11 local primary schools work together sharing best practice and supporting each other. As part of the Federation you will have access to strategic working groups, training and development opportunities and HR support services and procurement opportunities.